
I'm in preparation mode.
Assuming everything goes according to plan, we have a lot to do. In 3 months, Alex is flying home to take a test that will qualify him for the teaching program at Western. In 5 months the homeowner's return and we'll be moving into something much smaller and more expensive. In 7 months, the baby is due.. our lives will be changed drastically. In 10 months, Alex graduates from BYU (Yay!). And in 11 months, we'll be packed up and moving back to Washington. I was a having an "I'm so overwhelmed" moment. I decided to change my perspective in an effort to save my sanity. What will our life be like a year from now? Are you ready for this? I hope I don't jinx it...
A year from now we'll be living in a place I've missed dearly. We'll be surrounded by family and friends. We may even get to see them once in awhile, face to face, in person. Imagine that. We'll have a beautiful baby. Probably one that likes to projectile vomit on Mommy and scream throughout the night, but we'll think is adorable just the same. All of the restaurants we've craved will be within minutes of our home, even if we're too poor to eat at them. We'll get to experience church again as religion, not a culture. My skin will recover, right now it's like crepe paper. My hair too... bye, bye static flatness. The rain. Oh how I've missed the rain! The rain will be a part of my life once again. (I wish I was joking).
That's my prediction. We can compare notes in a year. For now, I'm just going to tuck these thoughts into my happy place and do everything I can to make them a reality.
Oh. Almost forgot one. A year from now my retirement account will have tripled in value... ~wishful thinking~
**Again, sorry for the lack of pics. I'm sitting here in my comfy clothes, eating some Fritos. You didn't really want to see that, did you?
3 comments:
Oooh... that looks like Mt. Shuksan. I still want to get back to that place. Somewhere in the old slides is a photo of Linda and myself (at 14) standing in the foreground of this shot (if that's Shuksan Lake). There was a lodge up there. Isn't it gorgeous?
Hope all of your projections come true... except for the projected projectile vomiting. :-P
Oh wow, you're moving up to Washington that soon? Cool! :) Figures. I guess I'll end up being the farthest away from home! :(
I wanna go to Zuppa's one more time before you move. ;)
Good luck with everything...
Don't jinx it K!!!
Oh well, we'll see you regardless I guess, unless you guys move to Georgia....
k gotta go do homework.
love Maren :)
Post a Comment