Yup. Today we went to the doctor and got to hear Baby Booth's heartbeat. It was super exciting and totally made my day. Alex enjoyed it too.. but I think more than anything he's enjoyed recreating the sound of the doppler. It's a weird wooshy noise. He's still trying to perfect it.
I'm back on saltines and water after having the most horrendous sickness last night. I managed to purge from every orifice in my body while maintaining a healthy fever. Multi-tasking at its finest. It was super awesome. I feel better today, but I don't trust it enough to eat anything substantial. Dinner consisted of a bowl of Raisin Bran... and maybe a couple of Alex's nachos because they looked totally edible.
Not much else happening in our world right now, so here are a few random things....
* Alex got a call from the Bishop this evening asking if we'd speak during sacrament meeting on Sunday. Alex agreed without hesitation and I gracefully declined. I feel a little bad... but mostly okay with the decision. I'm pretty sure with morning sickness and anxiety something bad would happen. I don't usually make it through things like that without some sort of embarrassing tragedy taking place. Alex, on the other hand, will do great. He'll be picking a talk from the last conference to speak on.
** My brain is no longer functional (thank you pregnancy). On Saturday I was scheduled to go to traffic school for my recent speeding incident. Maybe I didn't mention it before... anyway, I got pulled over on my way to work going 43 in a 25 and got slammed with a $157 ticket - $197 total after adding traffic school fees (to be fair, I was going down a steep hill which would cause anyone to speed excessively who wasn't riding their brakes). I opted for traffic school to avoid getting the points put on my driving record. Well, traffic school came and went and I totally forgot to go. Luckily I was able to reschedule without penalty... but it stinks to know that my brain is no longer reliable.
*** My love for food has been brought to a severe halt. It's sad really. The days of yum are over. So, what am I loving this week in spite of morning sickness... Gatorade, Toast with Jam or Butter, Grilled Cheese (on white bread only, wheat = bad!), and Raisin Bran or Frosted Mini Wheats. I know this list is pretty limited, but it's helped me through the dark days. I've even managed to lose some weight - 5 pounds in a week and a half. Maybe that's the only perk to morning sickness...
One of my favorites...pizza
11 months ago
7 comments:
Well, it's an encouraging sign that you felt good enough to post on your blog. Hope you continue to see improvement "tomorrow." :-)
Love, Mom... who is heading off to bed!
Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well still. Hopefully it will pass soon for you.
To comment on your previous post, try WyMount. They are not new, but are normally kept in good condition and have most of the extras that you want. I never personally lived in them, but had a lot of friends that did and LOVED it. The rent is cheaper then other places, but they are not on the totally discusting end for cheap either. Plus you are surrounded by other young couples to hang out with, trade baby sitting, etc.
There is normally a waiting list, or at least there was when I was there, but maybe if you start now, you'll be able to get in.
Anyway, just an option I thought I would share in case you hadn't looked into yet as I remember how much fun looking for apartments is in provo/orem!
PS. In case you don't know where/what WyMount is....it's the BYU owned married student housing by the temple. There is also the newer WyView by the stadium, but I am not sure if that is married or single student housing right now.
I can eat Frosted Mini Wheats too!
Thanks Natalie. We checked at Wymount and liked the idea until they told us we'd be homeless before the end of December. Alex wouldn't be enrolled for Winter, so we'd have to be out no later than December 27th.. which would mean a week or more of being homeless. If it was just a matter of finding someone to stay with for a bit, I wouldn't mind, but we'll have all of our stuff to move.. and a baby. We'll see. :)
sorry your feeling so icky. cereal was a big help for me too. i didn't actually lose weight, but i didn't really start gaining until i was 5 months along. that's great that you got to hear the heart beat. did you cry? i totally did. i think i cried just about everytime i saw or heard brooklin when i was pregnant. i know everything kinda sucks now, but just wait until your kid is one and you actually find yourself missing pregnancy. i know, i'm crazy. oh, and btw the losing your memory thing doesn't go away after you have the baby. i have become such an idiot, seriosly. i forget just about everything and say silly stuff all the time. i know i wasn't this stupid before. :)
The last part of the last comment made me smile. Just wait until menopause hits! :-P
At least pregnancy gives you some practice in the memory thing. ;-)
Post a Comment