Monday, July 12, 2010

Leaving the country

Recently Robert and I met up with my parents in Victoria B.C. for a short getaway. While the trip didn't quite go as planned, I did manage to get a few pictures during a walk to the harbour.

Walking along the boardwalk.

Robert finally content after a couple days of no napping, little sleeping and LOTS OF FUSSING!




These water taxis are so cute.

The Empress Hotel.
It looks cool, but I'd never pay the money to stay there - so expensive!

The Parliament.
During my high school band days we put on a show from the Parliament steps. We were pretty much amazing. I'm pretty sure I dyed my hair orange just for that trip to Victoria... ridiculous.

All in all, it was nice to get away for a few days. I just wish Alex could have come with us.

3 comments:

Kathy M. said...

A few days is more than 1.5. ;-)

Nice pictures... that one of the Parliament turned out really pretty. I only got a couple from the car as we drove past. We never did walk down in that area, but we hit the Fisherman's Wharf today before heading to the ferry... the greasiest fish and chips I've ever eaten. We were glad we split one order. Also walked there and got a few photos of people's houses... but not as nice as some we saw off Oak Bay Road... or whatever road that was. Will wade through photos and post some pretty soon. Still unpacking.

BTW... you didn't have any Canadian money when you came, did you? Dad found a $10 bill in the washing machine. Maybe it was Matt's group that lost it.

Mom

Kathy M. said...

Now that you mention the band... isn't there a photo that was taken of all of you while there... crowded up on the steps? I have a faint memory of seeing one. You still have it?

Mom

Karen said...

Nice photos! It looks like such a neat and quaint place. Wish Niklas and I could have been there!