Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Boofs!

The guilt is setting in... time for a quick blog update.

Last week Alex's family came down for a visit. We were so ready for the company, and it sounds like they needed the break as well. We had lots of time to hang out, see the sites, watch movies and do my favorite thing - EAT! We've only been away from Bellingham for a year, but it seems like forever. Sophie is huge now (as in tall). I can't believe how much she's grown. Pretty soon she'll be taller than Maren... and maybe even Austin. Maren is quite the lady and on the fast track to independence. I'm impressed with her ability to stay on task and get things done - a skill I haven't managed to tackle. Austin just makes me laugh. I've had Jamaican one-liners running through my head all day. Teri spent the week filling our freezer and our bellies with yummy home cooked meals. I've had zero desire to cook lately, so it was a welcomed change to have real food again. Teri always makes it look so effortless. I've vowed to do better in the cooking department (*that is, after the freezer is empty). Steve, as always, brought a calming spirit to our home. I don't know where it comes from, but things just seem a lot less hectic when he's here. He's a walking chill pill.



After a week of playing, it was time for the family to get back to business. They left early Monday morning and arrived home just in time to enjoy some sunny weather. We've had a couple nice days here as well. I have a sneaky suspicion we'll get a few more and then Summer will begin. I don't remember much about Summer in Utah, except that it is much like Winter. Way too long, way too extreme in temperatures and MISERABLE! I'm not ready to deal with that, especially with my built-in heater tummy.

Speaking of heater tummy. I saw the doctor last Monday and everything still appears to be going well. I'm feeling much better now that I'm taking meds for the nausea. I may have even gained some weight. The pooch is definitely growing. Again, we got to listen to Baby Booth's heartbeat (around 150/153 beats per minute) and go over any other questions/concerns we had. On our way out we scheduled the appointment I've been waiting for - the ultrasound! Assuming the baby doesn't play any funny tricks on us, we should know what we're having on May 5th. I may even post some pics if it looks human.

Here are a few other pics taken recently. Alex discovered **the "hill" behind our house and decided to do some exploring one day.


**The "Hill" in the Fall (for reference)


.. and the view from the top (*note, the small red square in this first pic is Alex's car parked in our driveway).



2 comments:

Kathy M. said...

Nice pictures... the family shots turned out really cute. Looks like Alex thoroughly enjoyed the visit too.

The photos from the hill are very impressive. You can imagine being a pioneer and coming over one of those hills Makes you wonder about some of the first people to see that vista with the lake in the background... amazing scenery.

Maren O_o said...

I love that Dad is a walking Chill Pill. I must say though, Mom is working her way there.

It must be a gift.

love maren :)