
Neither Alex or I had seen Les Miserables before, so we didn't really know what to expect. I'd heard it had something to do with prostitutes and an orphan. Initially I was concerned for Alex's sake, but he'd read the book in high school and knew it had more to do with a guy named Jon Valjean... the main character. I won't go into details now, but if you haven't seen Les Miserables, I highly recommend it. The story has a great message, even with the prostitutes. Towards the end of the show the wind picked up and the rain started. First just a trickle... then a full on downpour. We were soaked by the time we made it to the car; not a normal occurence for the desert climate. It kinda' reminded me of being back home in Washington.
On our way home we tried to listen to General Conference, but the mountains gave us zero radio reception for most of the trip. We filled the time with discussions on life, marriage, etc.. as you can imagine, by the end Alex was feeling like this:

Okay, not THAT bad. I just wanted an excuse to post those pictures...
One thing we do well is communicate - good or bad. I'm thankful that Alex isn't afraid to get things out on the table. It's really essential to having an honest and trusting relationship. One thing I need to be better about is letting him be right (at least some of the time).
See the difference:
Personally, I think he's cuter and happier when he thinks he's right. :)
That's all for now... here are a few of the pictures we took last weekend in the canyon of the fall leaves.
One thing we do well is communicate - good or bad. I'm thankful that Alex isn't afraid to get things out on the table. It's really essential to having an honest and trusting relationship. One thing I need to be better about is letting him be right (at least some of the time).
See the difference:
"Wrong" Husband
Personally, I think he's cuter and happier when he thinks he's right. :)That's all for now... here are a few of the pictures we took last weekend in the canyon of the fall leaves.






6 comments:
So i think that you are turning into your mother with all the landscape random pics. But don't worry, we all do. Glad you guys had fun!! ps. love the title
We do love our landscape pictures... it's what keeps us connected. :)
It was a really good play, minus the sideways, ice cold rain. Bleah.
Love the fall pics! I love Les Miserables!
Loved the way you worked in the wedding photos. :-) That was cute. When you take the English class I hope you get a chance to do some writing. Sorry it took me so long to get here. I still have half a dozen soapy emails left after spending a couple of hours at the computer this afternoon... subject lines that read like: "soap in a luffa," "oily top" to "one hell of a mess." ;-)
I wonder if I should just do this too and then the people that don't like all of the photos or really care can just not go to the link. ;-)
Notice you picked one of your favorite colors for the background. Do they have templates you choose from? I guess if I decide to do this, I'll find out. I just wonder how much more time consuming it is to post the photos here than to drop them into emails. Had some uploading frustrations with Facebook this week.
Talk to you soon!
Love, Mom
I know... everyone else's comments are short and I leave a tome. ;-)
I used the Gmail address and log-in for my identity and it only picked up your dad's name. Sorry if that was confusing. It's ronandkathym.
Later...
Mom
I'm so glad you got to see Les Miserables there! When Jack told me you guys were going down I told him we should go too because I thought they did a great job! We would've joined you if he didn't have to translate for conference... Yes, I would've seen it again! Too bad you got the downpour :(
Post a Comment